Neuro Kinetics users around the world rely on the control and analysis software VEST ™ to operate our eye-movement evaluation equipment efficiently and to generate accurate and reliable analysis for patient care.
Now, as part of our goal of expanding the clinical utility of our products, we’re making ongoing improvements to the VEST platform.
The next version, 6.8, is slated to be available early in 2010. The software goes into beta testing soon.
VEST 6.8 will give clinicians the ability to enhance specific tests, including:
- Easier and more readily managed chair trapezpoidal rotation (step test) analysis
- Various nystagmus detection tests will have updated algorithms to generate improved results and analysis
- Smooth Pursuit analysis – clinicians will be able to analyze results based on eye position as well as velocity
New Smooth Pursuit Analysis enables clinicians to analyze results based on both eye position and velocity
The pending VEST 6.8 enhancements come on top of numerous recently completed upgrades to our software, including:
- Improved ease of use through:
- Automatic saving of patient analysis settings and filters
- The ability to define unique analysis default settings
- A range of new features enhancing the use of binocular eye recording, including individual saccade analysis, video play back (video nystagmography only) and torsional analysis
- A new interactive on-screen pedal menu that helps I-Portal® VNG (video nystagmography) users more readily proceed through their testing protocol while never leaving the patient’s side
- A more robust communication protocol makes more efficient use of computer resources and greatly reduces dependency on data interpolation
- New optimized and patent-pending technology that gives users the ability to perform secondary or “corrective” saccade analysis
Utilizing National Instruments technology, VEST includes reporting features for reimbursable tests, and built-in analytical tools for comparative analysis.
For information about any Neuro Kinetics product or service, please call Mark Burchfield at 412-963-6649.
Got a comment about Update? Please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rights to products and services noted in this newsletter and linked Neuro Kinetics, Inc. pages are registered trademarks of Neuro Kinetics, Inc.
© 2008 Neuro Kinetics, Inc.